Olssonska gården in Torsås
In 2017-2020, Kalmar County Museum's building antiquarians helped Torsås municipality to carry out a number of maintenance and rebuilding work within Olssonska gården. The entire Olsson farm, with a garden and seven buildings, has been protected as a building monument since 2004. The work has been carried out according to a priority list that the county museum has drawn up together with ATRIO architects. The project has been partly financed through support from the County Administrative Board's development unit, within the rural development program 2014–2020.
The overall goal has been to continue to develop Olssonska gården as a cultural center. One of the most important measures has been to make the second floor of the main building accessible to visitors through improved fire protection. The work on the farm is described in the attached reports. In 2020, a major review of the buildings' electrical installations was carried out.
Mission: Project management for property management during restoration and conversion
Location: Torsås, Torsås municipality
Client: Torsås municipality
Responsible building antique dealer: Jan Westergren
- Olssonska gården: Exterior painting of the main building (pdf)
- Olssonska gården: Painting of the upstairs hall (pdf)
- Olssonska gården: Reconstruction of chimneys on the main building (pdf)
- Olssonska gården: Roof work at the photo studio (pdf)
- Olssonska gården: Renovation of balcony and basement hatch (pdf)
- Olssonska gården's barn: Reroofing (pdf)
- Olssonska gården: Renovation of the brewery (pdf)
- Olssonska gården's main building: Measures for improved accessibility and evacuation (pdf)