Kalmar County Museum participates in various networks and collaborations at national, regional and local level. Here you will find more information about some of them.
Building antiques regional circuit
Building Antiquarian Regional Circle (BARK) is an association for organizations that conduct building antiquarian activities with a regional museum mission. The association shall promote the development and dissemination of architectural antiquarian knowledge. Through increased collaboration, the conditions for creating a long-term sustainable, development-oriented building antiquities business with both regional and supra-regional strengths increase.
BARK consists of the Kristianstad Regional Museum, Kalmar County Museum, Jönköping County Museum, Blekinge Museum, Dalarna Museum, Värmland Museum, Sörmland Museum, Småland Culture Park, Stockholm County Museum, Uppland Museum, Östergötland Museum, Västarvet, Bohuslän Museum, Cultural Environment Halland, Gotland Museum, Jämtland county museum (Jamtli), Västernorrland County Museum (Murberget), Gävleborg County Museum, Norrbotten Museum, Västerbotten Museum, Örebro County Museum and Västmanland County Museum.
BARK aims to:
- To promote members' interests through cooperation
- To develop building antiquities activities that are of high quality, efficient and museum-based
- To create an open collaborative climate and a creative knowledge-building environment with supra-regional horizons
- To support the antiquarian activities of the members so that the owners can manage and develop the results in their respective museums and regions
- To better use and develop the members' skills through cooperation and work together for coordination and development of the activities.
The museum archeological industry organization
The Museum Archeology Industry Association (M-ARK) is the regional and municipal museums' industry organization for archaeology. The organization's purpose is to support its members in their work to develop, build up and communicate archaeological knowledge that contributes to societal relevance. For Museiarkeologi sydost, the industry organization's most important network is the business, which functions both as a contact network for information and as a forum for collaboration in commissioned archaeological projects.