Lovely, delicious apple pie week!
Apple pie week is for many the highlight of the year and we really agree! Come and enjoy our traditional and incredibly delicious apple pie buffet that we serve for a week every autumn. On the table there is always a varied selection of different pies with different flavors and fillings. All are baked with Swedish butter and organic apples from Öland Island fruit.
Of course, we bake everything in our own bakery and serve the pies with lightly whipped organic cream and vanilla sauce. Eat as much as you can handle or choose a carefully selected piece and let yourself taste good!
More apples on the menu! The fact that it is apple pie week will also be noticed in our lunch menu, which will be full of apples in various ways.
Date and time
Apple pie week is over for 2023, but will be held again from September 30 to October 6, 2024, the week after Öland's harvest festival.
Recipe for luxurious apple pie
Got some leftover apples and can't get enough of apple pie? Why not bake a luxurious apple cake?
3 dl wheat flour (180 g)
3/4 dl icing sugar
2 egg yolks
100 g of butter
1 tbsp milk
4 apples, e.g. Aroma or Gravensteiner
1 dl caster sugar
1/2 cup water
1 vanilla pod
2 tbsp Calvados
50 g of butter
4 apples, e.g. Ingrid Marie or Gravensteiner
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 crm ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients for the pie dough in a food processor and process to a dough. Press the dough into a low pie tin (27 cm) with a removable rim. Set cold. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Filling 1: Peel and core the apples. Dice them and put them together with sugar and water in a saucepan. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and add it. Cook on low heat until applesauce about 5 minutes. Pick up the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds and add them. Stir in Calvados and butter. Mix with a mixer if necessary.
- Press foil around the edge so that the dough does not slide down during baking. Prick the pie shell with a fork, pre-bake in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes. Spread the mash in the pre-baked pie tin.
- Filling 2: Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Place them in a nice pattern all over the pie. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake the pie for about 30 minutes in the middle of the oven until it gets a nice color. Serve with custard or ice cream.
Let the pie taste good!
Source: All about food